If you’ve totally got a craving for the cheesy saucy goodness that is lasagna, but can’t justify the noodle carbs, then this recipe is just for you. A white sauce version with plenty o’ fats and protein!
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 or 2 yellow squash
1 green bell pepper
1 head/bag riced cauliflower
16oz sour cream
16oz cottage cheese
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded parmesan
1) Slice squash into thin medallions. Arrange on a paper towel and salt squash lightly to draw out excess water. Allow to set about 20 minutes, then press lightly with paper towels on top to absorb liquid.
2) While squash is resting, brown the ground beef and season to your liking with salt, garlic, onion powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Once done, set aside to drain. Press to expel excess liquid.
3) Preheat oven to 400.
4) Dice or mince green pepper.
5) In a clean skillet, sautee the pepper and riced cauliflower together until tender. Drain well, pressing to expel excess water. Add in cooked ground beef and mix thoroughly.
6) In a large bowl combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, Dijon, and almond milk. Add seasonings to taste.
7) In a large cassarole dish layer lasagna as follows:
Thin layer sauce mixture
1/2 of the Ground beef/veggie mixture
1/2 of remaining sauce
Other 1/2 of the Ground beef/veggie mixture
Other 1/2 of the sauce
8) Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the top and place in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
Enjoy! This is ultimate comfort food!